Sunday 30 March 2008

It's flat around here....

..... but at least you do get a lot of sky for your money! I often wondered why Constable considered he had to perfect skies in his landscape work, now I know why. You have no hills and what you place on the canvas above the horizon has to be perfect - no room for error!

It's hard to believe that last Sunday saw snow which would not look out of place on a Christmas card. Now the clocks have changed, so has the weather. They cannot be connected that closely surely? I even managed to cut the grass - I couldn't even see it last Sunday!

Armed with a big dose of sunshine and warmth we took to the country. (Mainly in an attempt to recover from a lovely dinner party to which our friends invited us). So very welcome as we're both wrapped up in the W..... word! Suit measuring yesterday - it's all coming together. Even the males are getting involved. Although I have to say, I'm not too sure my Best Man is entirely happy adorning himself with a pink cummerbund and dickie bow tie!

Anyway, in view of my love of landscapes I gave the camera a bit of an outing. These two are just a couple of shots taken about 10 miles from where we live. As I said at the beginning..... you do get a lot of sky for you money!



Only a few days more --- the W...... word day is definitely fast approaching ~ sigh!

3 comments:

Michaela said...

Love the photos Barry. I thought of you a couple of weeks ago when we saw a rainbow in the sky above Wimblington. It was in a completely blue sky, no clouds and was horizontal, nowhere near land but vertically above us. Very strange and just desperate to be photographed.

Must get back to the kitchen now. I have a W.... Cake to do!

picperfic said...

:^)

ColorJoy LynnH said...

This is gorgeous, that last photo proves we need nothing but sky and a little sunshine. Beautiful.