Sunday 24 February 2008

Days out.....



Last weekend saw us enjoying a lovely day out and we had Maisie with us for her holidays (school half term). She comes to stay with us every school holiday and it's a treat to have her with us. Sunday saw us going to Cambridge to get some stuff for Maisie's bridesmaid duties so I felt it would be a good idea to let Marianne and Maisie to enjoy some 'together' time - unhindered by me. At least for a couple of hours. So, what could I do? The other day we bought a new 'novelty ' lens (some call it that anyway) , mainly to do arty shots at weddings etc. It's an extreme wide-angle or fish-eye lens. Boy, is it a fun thing. So that was what Barry did.... photographed all the traditional Cambridge stuff through the eyes of a fish!




I did enjoy using the lens.... but it does has it's problems. It's field of vision is so great elbows and feet have to kept in! I remember getting a book for my kids which was called "Find (or was it, Where's?) Wally". You had to find this character in amongst a whole of mess of characters but he was always dressed the same. I felt like Wally.... if it wasn't my foot, it was my elbow. If it wasn't either, it was my shadow!

This lens come with a software bonus. With CaptureNX you can use this lens as a fairly well corrected wide-angle lens, it removes all the distortion.... I was amazed.

Before.......
After .......


Marianne and Maisie had really good time too. Well, they had a lot of bags - the contents of which some I was not allowed to see. I Wonder.... Weddings, Treats, Girly Time?

3 comments:

KSee said...

Hi Barry, that lens is way cool plus the software to change it. Stopping in from Marianne's site.

Marianne said...

Heh, girly time indeed, it does happen to be a 'must have'..:^)

Very Cool Lens and what fun you're having with it, very nice shots!

Marianne said...

HAH! Drink me, indeed :^)
FYI... there ARE more than one button on the mousie... heh.
I've had the flu for over a week but before that I think I may 'have it' for posting the photographs... such as they are...
Thanks for stopping by...
You and Marianne are having a whirlwind of activities and I imagine it will be non-stop for... another 3weeks and some? :^)

I am beyond happy for the both of you.