Thursday 21 February 2008

To start then....

I suppose the easiest way is to share with you how I come to view humans. Basically, complex creatures with a need (usually) to relate to one another. Even a plea to be alone is, in a sense, a recognition of that need but in a reciprocal manner. Humans have a desire (usually) to be aware of and be part of their surroundings - a need to fit in.

Having said that - my life was in a state! It was chaotic, unordered. Melancholic and sometimes soulful.... until.... I joined a web forum! There, in a nutshell, was the making of me, although I was far from realising it. It took a further two years to come to an understanding of ... ME.


I was short of love in my marriage. My children loved me and continue to do so. But something more defining in my marriage was missing. I always felt I had the capacity to love someone deeply but it had to be reciprocated - and that bit was missing. Even after a long relationship (another BIG story) I realised that it was never going to happen unless something changed. Oh boy, did it change. Through the wonder of the Internet and THAT forum I bumped into a wonderful lady that was to turn everything upside down and make me the happy person I think I am now. How others see me I'm not too sure but I'm happy!
Picperfic meets Custard... that's who we were and that's who we still are! The personification of our noms-des-plumes. So perfect is that bond, that meeting of mind and heart, that this April will see our relationship culminate in wedded bliss.

Back to the 'people' bit. This photograph just about exemplifies where I am with people around me. This artist spent about 3/4 of an hour setting up his easel and acoutriments (latex gloves, hat securely knotted beneath the chin) and tucked himself away in a corner of Cromer pier, in such a position that no person could ever see what he was painting. Many tried actually, myself included, but all came away with looks on their faces which tended to say, "I don't know what he's painting". But, he was a picture himself. Which is why I was determined to capture that image.

My hope is that he doesn't read this blog. If you are he and reading this, please accept my sincere apologies if you feel offended!





5 comments:

Probably Jane said...

Hi, just visiting from Picperfic's blog - look forward to reading more of your thoughts and seeing more fascinating pictures.

That picture captured an interesting duality - to try to combine being creative in public with the need for privacy. I just get my knitting out and they can think what they like....

CG said...

I was very interested to read about how you think and view the world! I like the photo a lot and it made me think!

Anonymous said...

Hi Baz!

Good to see you blogging - who knows, I may even start one myself before long...

Thimbleanna said...

Well hello Custard {giggle}{giggle}. You lovely bride-to-be has sent us all over -- she's a dear and now I can see how lucky you both are! What a charming intro to blogland -- Welcome!

Marianne said...

Helloooo! So glad to see you've set up a blog, will subscribe, and looking forward to what you have to share with us all!