Friday 13 June 2008

Over the Isle of Wight

A few good nights' sleep and the dreamer is back to normal - whatever that may be. Evidence of normality having evaded any rational observer! Anyway, I digress.

If you've read Marianne's blog, it would not have escaped your notice we've been away again.... Jersey, in the Channel Islands. I had to work which was ok, but it was a little frustrating not being able to enjoy and photograph all the wonderful things there. We've decided we have to go back - and soon! I will have to take some more serious camera kit too. We decided to limit ourselves to 'medium' type digital cameras.... but I did feel constrained at times. Good job I was working!

Coming back home, we overflew the Isle of Wight. I suppose that's not unusual returning to a south coast airport like Gatwick. This Island is special to me, having spent the first 38 years of my life there!

I've been in aircraft with a camera many times in the hope of getting a reasonable aerial shot, but I've never been totally happy with the results. This time I was really lucky. All the gremlins that have fated previous attempts were thwarted by a lucky set of variables. Good light, good seat, reasonable visibility......

The South West coast of the Isle of Wight from around 12,000 feet..... I have others too :-)

No comments: